Friday, July 2, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday – Cakewrecks

Sunday is the Fourth of July.
 
That’s big in our house – for two reasons:

1) We are a PROUD military family (My Dad, brother, niece, nephew, uncle, and brother in law - all proudly serve or have served in the military)

and

2) It’s my daughter Alison’s birthday.

So, of course I’m busy making cake.  (For those of you who don’t know in my other life I am actually a cake decorator – I own a business and people pay me and everything – honest.)

When I’m getting ready to make a cake, I always look to several sites for inspiration.  I have design books and technique catalogs etc etc…sometimes though, when I think I’ve had enough cake – I go looking for a way to relieve stress, laugh and possibly even feel better about my own cake decorating skills.  (it’s shallow and stupid to laugh at others’ misfortune, I know it…but….)

It’s times like these that I end up here:
image 
http://www.cakewrecks.com

Jen. Yates. Is. Totally. Completely. Insanely. Hilarious.

(And John is pretty funny too…for a boy.)

The pictures are great.  Don’t get me wrong.  Her blog would survive solely on pictures alone.  

but…

The commentary…I’ve never laughed so hard.  She has a gift I tell you – a GIFT.

And, if you can’t get enough of her blog – she also has a book, on the New York Times BEST SELLER List…
image
Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong

It’s a piece of literary genius. 

And a great birthday gift… not that anyone’s birthday is coming up or anything…

Make sure you stop by the blog and check it out.  Just don’t mention Epcot.  Trust me – it’s never a good idea to mention Epcot.

image

Categories ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Someone Will Buy This...A Collection of Strange and Stupid Products Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Women's Secret