Friday, June 18, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday – Harkins Summer Movie Fun

Okay, so this one only affects those of you who live in a location where there are Harkins Theatres…which I do – so there.

Every summer Harkins does this amazing thing…they play movies.  Just for kids.  At a huge discount.

It’s great. It’s fabulous -  it’s something to do away from the house and out of the heat.

Typically the movies are older releases – things that have been played in the theatre in the last year or so.  This year, for example the movies include Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakwel

Anyway – you get 10 movies for 7 bucks (per child of course)…so for my family of 5 kids plus me it was a whopping – are you ready???  $42.00. 

image

10 weeks worth of movie theatre fun, and only $42 bucks. 

The really cool thing is this:

I have a really big purse, and I’m not afraid to use it.  No – I’m not smuggling in neighborhood children (did you not just see that I take FIVE children with me voluntarily?)  No, I bring snacks.  And nobody seems to care.  In fact, most people bring their own snacks.   Of course, they have refreshments there – but I’m a bargain hunter so … ppppppllllbbbbttttt!!!

So, if you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Texas or Oklahoma – check it out.  Trust me it’s totally worth it…

Oh, and there’s this too – the entire theatre is filled with kids – so if yours gets a little noisy or unruly – nobody cares.

Sweet.

Categories , ,

1 comments:

kimsch said...

A theater in our area does a free 10:00 or 10:30 movie on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Older releases, but absolutely free!

Post a Comment

 

Someone Will Buy This...A Collection of Strange and Stupid Products Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Women's Secret