Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Derma Roller

My birthday is coming up.  I only say this not because I want you all to remember and send me happy birthday wishes (and presents) *wink* but because it signifies the loss of another year.

That’s right, I’m getting older…and my skin is starting to show it.

So of course, I’m going to look for ways to maintain my youthful appearance as long as I can.  That’s why when my friend Kim G. told be about the Derma Roller – I had to check it out.

This is what I saw when I opened the email.

image

Apparently the idea behind this mini-meat tenderizer looking device is to roll the sharp pointy end over your face (but not on your eyelids or lips – they are very clear about that) in four different directions once a week.  Of course if you use less pressure you can use this thing more often than that, like daily.

It’s supposed to increase blood flow to your face and help you look younger.

Yep.  I’m thinking thousands of tiny holes in my face will help me look younger alright – but I gotta say, never in my adult years did I ever think about duplicating the look of puberty in order to look younger.  

In their defense, they do say not to use too much pressure – or to draw blood – and they also recommend a good slathering of Lidocaine (you know, the stuff the dentist uses on your gums before he gives you the BIG shot…) on the skin to numb the area before use.  (The very next line after it says to use Lidocaine is of course “This method is painless” – ya think???)

Sorry, but I think I’ll continue to look for ways to maintain my youthful appearance…like, um – well – ANYTHING else.

(It should absolutely be noted here that Kim sent me the ad for the Derma Roller for the express purpose of me writing about it – she does not use this thing herself as she has a great deal of common sense and a very low pain threshold.)

Categories , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Someone Will Buy This...A Collection of Strange and Stupid Products Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Women's Secret